1. Be on time. Being late is disrespectful first of all. Not to mention it shows such things about your personality as your passive-aggressive tendencies. But be understanding if your date is late and listen to their reason - it may be valid.
2. Do not be nervous. Tell yourself that you are just excited.
3. Don't plan too surprising or adventurous first dates unless you already know the person fairly well. Like adventurous outfits, they are best kept for when you've got to know each other better.
4. Be honest, don't play games. The first time you're caught your credibility will be destroyed. If you don't want to answer a question just tell your date that you prefer not to talk about it or tell the truth without going into details.
5. Don't put pressure on yourself to "impress" them. There's this law in psychology called "The Law of Reversed Effect". And it basically says that the more pressure you put on yourself, the more likely you are to fail. Honestly, just relax, be casual and have fun.
6. If you're not sure about topics of conversation read a newspaper or watch a news program that day so you're up on world events.
7. Keep topics light and keep away from controversial issues on the first date. Also, refrain from using off-color language or jokes, or making sexual references.
8. Be open to your date's ideas about what to do on the date and express yourself honestly and tactfully.
9. If your date compliments you don't just brush it off or say something rude about yourself, say thank you and do NOT put yourself down.
10. DON'T talk about your ex. No good can come of this! You'll seem either bitter, heartless, or still hung-up -- and any one of these is a huge turnoff.
11. Don't talk about marriage and kids and long-term plans for the two of you on your first dates.
12. Don't talk about yourself too much, or about her too much; keep track of how much you spend talking about each other, and make sure there's a reasonable balance. If your date asks very little or nothing about you, that's a bad sign--it shows a lack of interest.
13. Keep the first date brief. Leave them wishing for more, not wondering how to escape.
14. Stay away from someone who only talks about money and 'things' or who boasts - usually signs of deep-seated insecurity.
15. Don't rush sex!
16. A friendly kiss on the cheek shows respect and warmth. Tread very carefully when kissing a first date on the lips. You really need to be sure that this intimate gesture will be appreciated. Nothing is worse than a forced, early kiss.
17. You can always tell if someone didn't enjoy being on a date with you; but you can never tell if someone actually enjoyed being on a date with you. The only way to tell is to ask for a next date.
Author: Natalia Novikova
- Life After a Breakup
- How to Win his Attention. Dating Tips for Women.
- How show yourself in a good form on your first date?
- About phone calls after the first date.
- Where can you go on a date?
- Sex and New Relationships
- Relationships And Stress
- Top 10 Dating Mistakes connection
- How to make your Cougar / Boy Toy Relationships Last
- How to Increase Chemistry in Relationships
cynthia1234 wrote 425 Days Ago (neutral)0am cynthia by name i saw your profile and i become interested in you and i will like you to contact me treu my emalli address here. email@example.com .so that i will give you my pictuers and tell you all about myself there .hope to hear from you soon .0 points